I read this long user post on one of the blogs on Yahoo! when I Googled Equanimity and Health…So I thought I’d share the contents of one of the blog posts. He/she was very passionate, so I think it is a good post. I abbreviated the central points here…
He felt that Doctors and Pharmaceutical Companies and Insurance Companies are only in this for one reason only—“profit”. The conventional treatment for most diseases go on for years with no improvement. All treatment recommended by the doctors should be tested and approved and quite rightly so. That makes sense right? Obviously it costs vast sums of money to test and approve treatments because of the possible damage to people. The drug companies fund most research and will look at treatments (not prevention) which show the promise of good deal of a profit, –they will actively dismiss any therapy which does not have profit potential— thus your doctor will only recommend therapies with profitable drugs. Despite the fact that some of these other therapies mentioned below do have overwhelming benefits some, which have saved needless amputations, needless pain and trauma, needless kidney failures and much loss of life, they are not recommended by the health industry. Drugs are “usually” not the answer for mild or moderate depression with mind altering chemicals or any other mental illness. This is a fundamental principle and unless you grasp this fully –you could /will have years of suffering ahead of you.
This does not help you though when you are ill and suffering—not hearing about therapies which can help from a person you look up to and trust. Have you heard your local doctor recommend, alternative therapies for anxiety and depression like “Massage Spiritual healing, Herbs, Light therapy, Color therapy, the violet ray therapy, Osteopathy, Electrical Frequency devices?”
1) These therapies will work for many complaints especially for anxiety and depression which are so common. Let someone to massage your back and legs at least 3 times a week use peanut oil or a mix of 50-50 olive and peanut oil.
2) Use the violet ray machine an edgar cayce device (google search this) — 3 times a week on the other days especially on the spine….we use it every day with very positive results
3) get a tent and sleep out side 3times a week utilizing earth energy – nature can help meaningfully especially with how you feel how much energy you have
4) study and apply good nutrition adequate minerals all of them particularly calcium and magnesium iron essential fatty acids as well omega 3 6 9 fatty acids, have adequate protein.
5) ensure your thyroid is working well
6) ensure you do at least I hr per day some kind of voluntary work when you are able. The reasons you are ill, or poor or have all sorts of bad things happen to you is because of karma–usually from past lives but some from this one –voluntary work will offset your mistakes— how much it offsets well that is up to God and how much you do. Healing is in direct proportion to the help we give others i.e. your healing comes with helping others achieve their own healing so if people are doing very little in helping others —they suffer more and longer…and if they are doing a lot they get well faster, so now you know what to do, and like a lot of us are already doing service work.
7) Be among people who are giving, friendly who have time for you who love you, choose your friends well
8) be or get to a place which personally you love or like (do you like the city or country?)
9) get and do some work which you like or love
10) ensure you do no acts which hurt or inflict on anyone –don’t add negatively to your karma.
11) spiritual healing and reiki are paramount
12) think good positive thoughts, laughter, look at comedy, play good uplifting music,
13) avoid at all costs exposure to violence, murders, suffering ,death, tragedies, this is what is pumped at us and they call it the news ..feed upon good things , uplifting things, things that feel like a breath of fresh air..
14) Positive affirmation- that’s right…program yourself in the mirror, thoughts are “things”, words are “things” actions are “things”, all have influence, few people realize these things can have an effect on themselves .
15) detox from all pharmaceutical drugs not absolutely necessary if they do not have a natural alternative therapy —— toxins can influence how you feel enormously.
16) Get plenty of hugs–get plenty of them in your daily life you would be amazed at how people feel after a few decent hugs….
17) Get loads of exercise running walking climbing but something which you enjoy which you use your body for. Physical exercise is so important for achieving a peaceful state of mind.
I just distilled it and cleaned up the text, but most of what was written in the post I thought could help. I sort of agree about all the pharmaceutical drugs we as a society pump up into our bodies. Often, the patients come in sicker after being on the medications due to all the side effects….